Friday, December 5, 2008

Go back, go back, go back --- Go back to where you were!

Go back, go back, go back -- go back to where you were! I don't remember which one (sorry) but one of the shows my kids used to watch sang that little song. It is almost prophetic for me... I feel like I have to learn some things over and over again...I remember when it was so easy for me to spend an hour or two a day reading my bible and praying. It seemed effortless and I couldn't wait to get back to that place everyday. Now... geez, it's like starting over. I let myself get dry spiritually and wasn't consistent with reading my bible and/or praying and the next thing I know, I am looking back on the relationship with God that I USED to have. It is gutt wrenchingly painful to realize you have let down the one person you love the most. I have been forgiven and have started being faithful to reading and praying again, but it seems sooo much harder to get back to that easy, relational place with the Lord. I will persevere through all this though, because I know how good it is to taste of the Lord's presence and I want it more than ever.
Mold me and prune me Lord into the daughter you always knew I could be....and thank you for your amazing faithfulness...

No comments: