Monday, February 1, 2010

Approaching His Throne

In the text above my picture I describe this blog as a place to share my failures as well as my triumphs...I haven't written much in the last six months because they have been rough for me and I didn't know what to say really.


I have been a stay at home mom for 13 years until this past August when I found myself alone during the day for the first time. I have always had people around, either the kids or family or friends... Now my days are spent alone quite often and I am learning many things about myself--many that I don't like. I was struggling quite a bit with feelings of loneliness and failure...


Just recently I have begun to reach out to God and His Word like never before and what He is doing in me is amazing. I will give more details later as I am studying many things that I would like to publish but I want to glean everything I can from the studies first so the temptation to rush through a study just to publish it on my blog won't be there. But here is a sneak peek...I am learning to approach His throne and what I'll get when I do.


"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet without sin.

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:14-16 (NIV)


Based on this scripture alone I know 2 things: 1) Jesus knows what it's like to be human and go through what we go through 2) I can boldly approach God on His throne and be confident that I will receive His mercy and grace any time I am in need....


Thank you Father...I plan to spend much time there in the days to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I stumbled across this on the internet on the night shift... I have been looking for a good place to get a bible study that is not over my head. Please send me a recommendation that will aid in the translation from bible talk to something that I understand. I am a technically minded fellow, so the deeper the study goes into the word of God, the better. I have a habit of over analyzing. Not a bad flaw in my job, but can be frustrating at times. If you know a good online store that would be great since I have to sleep during the day.

Keep speaking the truth, there is a log of good truth in your blog. I look forward to your review of your efforts. Approach his throne!

Thanks and God Bless,
jamess678@yahoo.com