Monday, February 23, 2009

Tas Philas



My bible study today was about Philos or Friend Love. We use the phrase "girlfriends" a lot when we talk about our "girls," the friends that are close to us, but I never knew it was scriptural.

Luke 15:9 NIV
"And when she finds it, she calls her friends [tas philas] and neighbors together and says 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.'"

In this parable about the lost coin, the greek words tas philas are used to describe the friends who celebrated with her when she found the coin. Tas philas literally means female friends or in todays terms, girlfriends! Even back then, when the chips were down you called your girlfriends! I love that. So here is a shout out and salute to all my girlfriends, my tas philas... We should make t-shirts : )

2 comments:

Giulianna said...

I loved this, especially the T-shirts!

Anonymous said...

.......yah........love ya

:)

-t